Rides of a Lifetime: Historic Route 66
Often labeled the Mother Road, Route 66 is the ribbon of asphalt that connects a nation and embodies America's love for the open road. It's a legendary road that inspired movies, songs . . . and countless road trips. Route 66 is more than just a highway, it's a literal and metaphoric journey through the heart and soul of America.
Route 66 gained one of its nicknames, the Main Street of America,? because it cut through the center of countless small towns along its serpentine, 2,400-mile length. The restored version takes you through many of the same beloved routes.
Rides of a Lifetime MAD Maps Feature:
- Scenic Road Trip Route Itinerary with Directions
- Convenient Size: 4” x 9” – (FOLDED)
- Open Size: 27" x 36" - (UNFOLDED)
- Water & Tear-Resistant Paper
- Hand-Picked Routes from Local Scouts
- Must See Roadside Attractions
- Campgrounds, Recreational Areas, and Outfitters
- Historical Anecdotes and Entertaining Insights
Great detail, great feel, great content... and great conversation opener at the bar when we end the day! What more can you ask of a map! Thank you Mad Maps!
The most compact, informative map I've found. It will be my main map for riding the 'Mother Road' this summer.